About Me

My photo
Proud companion of Papricka the Wild Boar; Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lavender and Basil the pot-bellied pigs; Pepper the Kune-Kune Pig; Polly, Tiffy-Toffy-Tiger, Siouxsie, Oscar and Maus the girl cats; Dali and Tilly the boy cats.

Sunday 17 February 2008

Sad but Happy day

Today has been both a sad and happy day. It didn't help not getting home till twenty past one this morning - but we'd had a lovely time visiting my mommy and then Julian and Val. Very tiring for me and my body doesn't like late nights anymore.

I managed to get a lie-in till 9 which was good. Then it was downstairs to check e-mail and start food preparation. Made a bolognesey thing and an Italian Winter vegetable soup. After a bath I went out to spend time with the piggies.

Paula, Marcus and Milly arrived at lunchtime as they said they would and decided on a boy and a girl. I had to tell Milly a lie though. She wanted my baby, and I had said from the outset that she wasn't up for grabs. She was the runt of the litter and I spent a lot of time with her handfeeding for the first couple of days. She's the only one of the litter I named (Lavender). Before they got here, I marked Lavender with some paint. Milly, of course, wanted to know why. "It's because she's poorly" I told her. "We don't want to give you a poorly pig so we marked it out".

Catching them wasn't too bad. Banjo (the boy - and named by Milly after Grennie's banjo) went straight in the cage after a carrot, and we managed to corner Blossom (named by Paula as it's a nice name!) and get her in as well. Paula's rang and they're all settled in well, so we're two piggies less. It makes me happy that they're going to a good home, but still sad to see them go.

This afternoon Dawn and Julian came to recollect their kittens Celia and Howard. We had taken them over on Monday and they brought them back Friday as they were going away - so they had a bit of a holiday too! It was nice to see them again. Taking some use to calling them Celia and Howard and not Sushi and Sooti.

This evening will be spent eating soup and knitting the scarf for Grennie's birthday or crocheting. It's back to school tomorrow, so I need to get an early night.

1 comment:

salohlee said...

Hi! I had to read your blog cause you seem really funny...in a good way =) I am sorry you had a sad day giving up animals you have raised isn't easy. I've done it. I have chickens and I really want goats...still working on convincing the hubby. Anyways...I just had to stop in and leave a comment. I saw your post in the RAK group in Ravelry. I'm salohlee. Have a great day =))