About Me

My photo
Proud companion of Papricka the Wild Boar; Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Lavender and Basil the pot-bellied pigs; Pepper the Kune-Kune Pig; Polly, Tiffy-Toffy-Tiger, Siouxsie, Oscar and Maus the girl cats; Dali and Tilly the boy cats.

Saturday 22 December 2007

Yuletide Blessings

Well the promise to myself to update on a daily basis was broken quickly! But I guess I have had reasons. The PCOS and Other Illnesses (to be known as OI from now on) has been getting me down, and we've had the end of term. So, at least I'm now at home for the next fortnight. Should have more time for knitting and knattering.

Update on what's happened then. On Wednesday the Koigu KPPPM arrived from Simply Sock Yarn. Absolutely brilliant. And I've been a good girl and not started to ball it or Cast On for the Shawl. Same day Knit 1 arrived too. That has been read!

Thursday school finished at lunchtime. Went to the pub and the alcohol mixed very nicely with all my meds and I actually had a couple of hours without pain - what it's done to my insides I don't know and don't care. It was blissful not to hurt for a while. If all it takes is a glass of red wine and 2 pints of Guinness then that's what it'll have to be. Unfortunately it had worn off by the time we reached DH mother in Derbyshire. Sigh. She's still not listening to anything we say and continuing her own conversations. Her classic of the evening was to DH when he was talking about his Bakelite collection "And what will you do with it all if you don't manage to have children?". He only told her last week about me having to have a hysterectomy... Maybe she's still hoping he'll get rid of me and find a woman more of her standards!

So, that's about it really. New issue of Simply Knitting has just arrived with a lovely shawl pattern in it which I'll need to add to my queue. A nice restful day of reading and knitting will hopefully follow.

1 comment:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Oh Sweetie she is aweful to say that it doesnt matter if he loves you that is what matters.HugsDarcy